Sunday, October 30, 2011

Caring Pages for Caden's Cranio Surgery


Dear Caden,
When you were born, you had a soft spot the size of a tiny pea, which wasn't nearly large enough for a growing boy. You need a soft spot in order to allow your head space to grow, without a good soft spot you can have serious medical issues. Your daddy didn't have a soft spot when he was born and had to have a major surgery when he was 6 months old to fix this. Mommy, knowing this, persisted and got you to see a Neurosurgeon at Texas Children's Hospital. Unfortunately, this did show that you too would need to have a cranial vault reconstructive surgery in order to make sure that you brain could have space to grow. Aunt Sam went with me to see Dr. Bollo, the neurosurgeon, and she was there when I heard the news of you having to have the surgery. I felt like my world literally stopped. No one wants to hear that their little one has to have surgery, let alone a major surgery. I was terrified...the next few months for me were the hardest ones that I have ever experienced. All I can say is that God stayed true, and was a constant. We reached out to everyone that we knew that prayed, and you were on people's hearts and minds all over the country. We had you anointed and prayed for in church. I prayed so hard that God would just heal you and you wouldn't need the surgery, however, that is not what God decided. And so the surgery was scheduled for Dec 20, 2011.
Cranio Care Bears was an invaluable source of love and help to our family during this time. People sent care packages and prayer chains for you. People who didn't even know you were praying for you and loved you.
During this time I created a Caring Page for you and posted my feelings and people posted their messages. I am posting these on this blog, so that later when you are older, you can see how much you meant and still mean to everyone. We love sweet Caden, more than you can ever imagine.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment