Friday, September 18, 2015

I'm Flying!

Dear Jacob,

You, my dear one, love to push the boundaries and I am convinced that our future holds many ER visits with you in tow. You are a pint sized firecracker with absolutely no concept of fear and seem to thrive on the fact that you give me mini heart attacks daily.

Just the other day I walk into the kitchen because I kept hearing a 'whump!' sound followed by your giggling, "AGAIN!"

I turn the corner and there you are, standing on the kitchen counter with your arms outstretched like Rose in Titanic, and you fall face forward to the floor. *Cue vomit in my throat*

"OH MY GOODNESS! JACOB!!!!"

"Whump!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! AGAIN!"

I run quickly to see that Caden had (THANKFULLY) placed the beanbags underneath for you to fall on. You look up at me with a giant grin on your face, pleased with your rush of exhilaration.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING?!"

"Mommy! We're practicing our flying! Looook!"

NO thank you, I have seen quite enough. I now have a white streak like Anna in Frozen. Something tells me that you will be my child that thinks its a great idea to skydive without a parachute. Perhaps I should be proactive and make a huge plate of cookies and go ahead and introduce myself to the ER staff by our house. Now I know why the final child of the family is the final child.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment