Thursday, January 7, 2016

Mawsie

Dear Jacob,

This morning while getting you ready you insisted on taking a small yogurt drink for breakfast to school. I hesitantly agreed as 'No outside food or drinks' are allowed at your school. I figured it's easier to ask forgiveness rather than dealing with an early morning meltdown.

I buckle you up in your seat and ask beg for you not to open it up in the car. It was way too early for you to become a deliciously, sticky yogurt covered toddler. Not surprisingly, halfway to school you tattle on yourself.

"Moooooommy! I open my yogurt!"

"Seriously?! Noooo....Jacob! Hand me your drink!"

You begin to tilt your drink precariously. I am convinced it's in an effort to taunt me.

"Jacob BE CAREFUL! Please hand it to me."

You grin and hand it to me, only to pull it back right as I reached out. You laugh hysterically. For being 2 yrs old, you sure are quick. The game is on.

"Jacob Daniel. Give me your yogurt right now! I am not playing with you. I am driving and don't want you to make a mess. Please hand it to me!"

You give me this amazing stink eye that any teenager would be proud of and begrudgingly hand it to me. I try not to snicker as your face crunches up into a scowl and your arms cross across your chest in a huff. And then I hear it.

"I'm gonna call Mawsie and she'll get my yogurt back."

Point Jacob. Blackmail suits you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment