Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving and Randomness :)

***This is a repost from Caden's Caring Pages which were written while we were waiting for, and after Caden's Cranial Vault Reconstructive surgery***



I would like to say a big thank you to all of you who take the time out of your day to come to this page and look at what we have to say regarding Caden's care. I know that I speak to many of you individually and tell you what is going on, but to also come online afterwards, really means a lot. It is a different level of caring. I appreciate it more than you can imagine.
There have been a few friends that have really stood up and helped us more than we deserve. To respect their privacy I will not mention their names, but they have truly gone above and beyond with all they have done. Some have donated their time to come over and help with the house and Caden, while others have given monetary gifts. I know that not everyone can do a monetary donation to help us out, especially in this economy- and it is definitely not expected by any means. But those of you who have blessed us financially, Remember that God is watching over you and I believe He will rain down blessings on you for your unselfishness. The surgery is going to cost us around $6000.00 (after insurance *sigh*) and with the amounts that have been donated and currently raised, we are at : $1340.00... So we are getting there! We are still planning on holding a benefit dinner and bake sale after his surgery to help recoup some of the money. And those that are donating their time is just as much appreciated! I am excited about spending time with my friends during this crazy season, and I believe God placed them in our life during this specific time to get us through this trying time.
Today is Thanksgiving, the day that we stuff ourselves silly and then go and take a long and relaxing nap....unless you are a mommy. Then you don't get to nap, you start cleaning and resume chasing the little people in the house making sure they stay out of trouble. Seems like women drew the short end of the stick, but you know, I wouldn't have it any other way. I am completely in love with Mr. Caden. Everything he does makes me smile. And now that Christmas lights are being placed on houses, it makes our evening walks just that much more special. Watching Caden's eyes dance with excitement as we pass by house after house with blow up santas and snow men and colorful lights fill me with delight. Christmas is by far my favorite time of the year and I hope this excitement passes on to Caden. But since today is Thanksgiving, I must at least say what I am thankful for: I am thankful for the usual: a roof over my head, clothing that fits, cute shoes to wear and food in my belly. I am thankful for a husband that works hard on a daily basis to provide the above blessings and who loves me unconditionally. I am blessed that I got to marry best friend. I am thankful for a strong marriage that is centered completely around God. Without God we are nothing, and He is the cord that binds us together. I am beyond thankful of my precious bundle of joy that God entrusted us with this past Nov 2, 2010. Caden Thomas Harshman. It hasn't been easy this entire year with raising Caden, but with God's help and with Grammy Lisa, Aunt Sam and other family and friends we made it through! I am thankful for the beautiful new home that we were blessed with! I am thankful that my husband, whom I adore, is allowing me to work part time in order to allow me to spend more time with our beautiful son and to get time to feel better. I appreciate that more than he can imagine. I am thankful for all of the blessings that God has given my family, those that are evident and those that I have yet to see. I am truly thankful for my most prized accomplishment of all time: my precious son, Caden. Even though he has to have a major surgery that is going to last 8 hrs, which makes Mommy's heart want to stop, I am thankful that we are able to have this surgery with the best surgeons at the best children's hospital. God is watching out for us. I am thankful that the doctors listened to Mommy and Daddy when we kept telling them we were concerned because of how small Caden's soft spot was and how quickly it closed. Because of that we are having this major surgery, which tears at our heart strings, but it will allow Caden to have the chance at a full and healthy life. Without the surgery Caden has a 17-20% of becoming handicapped, 50% chance of becoming blind or have auditory issues, %100 chance of having an elongated, deformed head which can cause increased inter-cranial pressure which may later in life cause Caden to have seizures or other various issues. I am extremely thankful that God has provided all of the technology and education with the physicians to provide Caden with this surgery. Caden is such a bright and happy ray of sunshine in my life. He is by far, with his daddy, the best things that I have ever been given. I am a woman without worldly riches, and I suffer daily with chronic pain. But I am a woman that is blessed beyond measure. I serve an amazing God and I love my life! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment