Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good to Go!

***This is a repost from Caden's Caring Pages which were written while we were waiting for, and after Caden's Cranial Vault Reconstructive surgery***


Yesterday Caden had his post-op appointment with Dr. Bollo and Dr. Buchanan at TCH. The before and after pictures of Caden are astounding. I had no idea how narrow Caden's head was until I saw the pictures. Both surgeons gave Caden the green light and said that he was good to go! The big test comes in a years time when we have to see them again. They will then check to make sure that he won't need additional surgeries and make sure that he is developing correctly. During the surgery the surgeons did their best to over-correct Caden's skull in order to hopefully prevent future surgeries. I pray that it works! This is definitely something I pray to never have to repeat!
Since the surgery Caden has been simply amazing! He talking so much more and his new words of choice are, "Oh wow!" It is quite funny and keeps me laughing. He is such an outgoing little guy. Flirts with the ladies, I can tell you that we are going to have our hands full with him!
I am so thankful for everyone that reached out and helped us during this time. I honestly don't think I could have made it without all of your thoughts and prayers. I am truly blessed to have friends like you. It amazed me how many people cared about us and it humbles me. I pray that one day I can return the favor of you love and care if the time ever arises. until that day I will continue chasing Caden around the house and enjoy watching him as he grows. He brings so much love into my life, he is my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment