Thursday, July 25, 2013

I Hold!

Dear Caden,

We are laying down on the bed, you stare at me with your big brown eyes and I instantly melt. We are winding down getting ready for bed and you are chattering away telling me all about your day. You point to my eyes, nearly poking them in the process and say, "Momma's eyes bluuuuuuue!"
I tell you that, yes, my eyes are blue.
"Momma! Caden's eyes brooooooown!" Yes, sweet Caden, your eyes are brown.
"Momma! Caden hold your eyes!" No, sweet Caden, you cannot hold Mommy's eyes.
"Momma! Eyelashes!" Yes, sweet Caden, those are my eyelashes.
"Momma! Eyelashes off! Caden hold eyelashes!" No, sweet Caden, Mommy's eyelashes don't come off and you can't hold them.
"Pleeeeease Momma!" No baby, they don't come off.
"PLEEEEEASE!!!"
Your fingers suddenly dart out, grab and pull out one of my lashes. OUCH! Caden! That hurts! You don't pull eyelashes out!
"Oooootay.", you sigh. You stare at me quietly and begin patting my back in sympathy.
"Momma! I hold eyebrows!"
I think Mommy is done playing this game before you find something else to hold.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment