Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ice Cream Truck

Dear Caden,

It begins softly and increasingly gets more annoying, similar to a fly buzzing around your face. The warbled sounds of It's a small world pour out of the rusty speakers of the Ice Cream Truck. Suddenly it comes into focus, creeping down our street. I am not sure what the lure of the ice cream truck is. Is it the rusty van with a deep freezer big enough to cart dead bodies in, or the awkward menu printed on the side of the van that is half faded and half peeled off? Perhaps it is the creepy man who hasn't showered in a month handing out Ninja Turtle ice cream treats with choking hazard eyes? Whatever it is, I loathe it; yet it can be 50 miles away and the moment you hear him your eyes light up. You have yet to receive one of the overpriced, half melted treats and I hope to keep it that way. Perhaps I can tell you the story that my friend in school grew up hearing. Her mother told her that it was the warning siren letting everyone know that the lion escaped from the zoo. With my luck you would want to go hunting for the lion.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment