Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pockets

Dear Caden,

We are pulling out of Target and you tell me, "Momma, I like your car."
"Thank you, Caden. I like it too."
"I don't have a car. Only little beep beeps."
"That's right. You have to be bigger to have and drive a car."
"But I am bigger."
"You are getting bigger, but you have to be big like Mommy and Daddy."
"Yeah, but I am bigger than Jacob."
"Yes, you are. You still have to be bigger though."
"I have to be a Mommy and Daddy first?"
"Not necessarily a Mommy and Daddy, but big like us."
"So I have to be so, so big that I can't fit in your pockets anymore?"

Perhaps carrying you around in the baby slings when you were little translated to pockets. No matter how big you may get, you will always have a place in my pockets.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment