Saturday, June 2, 2012

Old letters to Caden

Here are some older "letters" that I wrote to Caden that I have dug up.


Dec 10, 2010
Dear Caden,
It really is ok to sleep longer than 45 minutes at a time. I promise you're not missing out on anything. Love, Mommy

May 20, 2011
Dear Caden,
Please stop trying to eat the random roly poly bugs that you find on the floor. I am sure in another country they are considered a delicacy, however in our house we don't eat them.
Thanks, love Mommy

June 20, 2011
Dear Caden,
Please do not think I'm trying to quell your artistic abilities, I'm just trying to redirect them. Using your poop as your medium and the crib/walls as your canvas are not acceptable . I will gladly invest in some non toxic finger paints and paper ASAP as I understand you may be the next Picasso or Monet.
Thanks, love Mommy

August 19, 2011
Dear Caden,
I may not be perfect but my promise to you is,I will love you for youNot for what you have done or what you will become. I will love you for you. I will give you the love. The love that you never knew.
All my love, Mommy

August 25, 2011
Dear Caden,
I promise there are no toys in your bottom dresser drawer. No matter how many times you pull out the clothes, there won't be any toys hiding. Promise. So can you leave your clothes folded and put away? Thanks, Mommy

November 10, 2011
Dear Caden,
I know you love Vader, and I know that you love food. However you do not need to love Vader's food. Please leave it in his doggy bowl. And if you want water I can give you your cup, you do not need to swim in his water bowl either. Resist the urge, trust me, you will be just fine if you left it alone. I promise.
 Love, Mommy

May 22, 2012
Dear Caden,
I know that lately we have been clapping for you every time you sit on your potty chair as we prepare you for (hopefully) potty training you this summer. But please know that it is not necessary to clap for Mommy and yell as loud as you can "yeah Mommy!" when she is using the restroom. In public. Where you're voice echoes to the back of the store. Thank you for being proud of Mommy, but she no longer needs encouragement, but hold on to it in case I need it in 60+ yrs or so. And yes, the lady in the stall was giggling at you. And yes, you are still too stinking cute, but really...if you have to be excited when I potty, just clap...no cheers are necessary. I am positive on this.
Love, Mommy
PS. This also includes saying "shewie, Mommy!" when you hear the gentleman next to us toot in the shopping isle. It's a good thing I love you so much because you are incredibly embarrassing but hilarious

May 24, 2012
Dear Caden,
Tonight you were sleeping so very peacefully and I decided to pick you up and sit on the floor of your bedroom and hold you close. I could feel your soft breath on my face as you breathed in life and chased your dreams. I watched your long eyelashes move ever so slightly as you dreamed of beautiful days of fun with friends and family. Your fingers curled around my hand and I could admire every beautiful detail of your fingers, your beautiful nails so perfectly made- even one or two with dirt still under them from playing outside. I smiled as I thought of all the amazing things that you will be able to accomplish with those hands, hands that I lifted up to the Lord as I dedicated you to Him. I admired your small ears, whispering in them words of love and prayer that one day as you continue to grow and hear the Word of the Lord, that you would make the right decisions in life. I kissed your tiny toes, praying that you would follow the right paths in life, down the road less traveled, even though it would be difficult. Know that I will be there, every step of the way to encourage you on your journey in life. I felt your heart beat in rhythm with mine and I prayed that you would continue to have a tender heart for Him. That you would one day find a perfect soul mate to share your life and your heart with. I ran my fingers over your scar on your head and I smiled. This is a constant reminder of how special and perfect you are. That you are meant for something amazing in life. I just closed my eyes and held you as you slept, and you healed me. You are my greatest gift and achievement. I pray constantly that I am the mother God would have me be for you. Be patient with me sweet Caden, we are on this journey together and we will make mistakes. But know that no matter what, you will always be my baby and I will always love you. Thank you for letting me hold you and love you. Thank you for being mine.
Love, Mommy

May 28, 2012
Dear Caden,
Today is Memorial Day. A day that we all gather with our friends and family and gorge ourselves with delicious food and play games until dark. But sweet Caden, today is something so much more. Today is a day that we MUST remember all of those that have served our country past and present. This country has been built by the tears and blood of the Brave who have given their all. The families who selflessly live their lives knowing that their loved one is somewhere fighting for us. We MUST remember these families, friends who have lost someone. We may not know who they are in the sea of faces we see day to day, so you MUST show respect to everyone you meet, bc you do not know. You need to support these families and pray for them. We have our freedom because of these Brave men and women. It is important to always stand with your hand on your heart when the flag is walked in and the anthem is sung. Sadly, many of your friends won't do this, so it is important that you do. You must remember that Memorial day isn't a bunch of history lessons, it is so much more. It is to remember those that lived, laughed and loved. Those that prayed for you even before you were a twinkle in my eye. Those that gave the ultimate sacrifice. So today, Sweet Caden, as you run and play today, know that you are so loved and blessed. It is an honor to live in the USA. Remember....
Love, Mommy

1 comment: