Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Simply Fantastic

Dear Caden,

Recently the British were broadcasting the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Every other word that was spoken seemed to be, "fantastic, brilliant, superb." This got me thinking. Imagine if we started using those words in our everyday language like the British do. Perhaps we wouldn't be so negative. I am going to try and say one of those words at least once a day, just because I think it would be simply fantastic to do so.

Speaking of fantastic, we had such an amazing day with your Aunt Nika and cousin Caleb. We played inside the house with your massive amounts of toys, then we walked around the neighborhood while you and Caleb chilled in the wagon. You enjoyed pointing out all of the flowers and Caleb enjoyed telling us stories. I love our walks, I hope that that is a tradition that we can continue. I feel as though the world slows down and allows us to breathe in it's beauty. We can admire the butterflies that flutter around and giggle at the clouds that make the silliest shapes. Our daily walk is so special to me, and I hope that as you grow older that you will continue to appreciate the beauty of the outdoors and the quality family time that it brings. Before you were born, I would take daily walks (even though I was supposed to be on bed rest), but this was my special time with just you and God. This is where I would talk to you both, and I know that I had an audience with the Most High. It was a beautiful time.

I am so excited to see what summer will continue to unfold. Whatever the days may show us, I know it will be simply fantastic.

Love,
Mommy


A Splashing good time with my Cousin Caleb!

No comments:

Post a Comment