Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pider

Dear Caden,

I love that you are now able to communicate.

This morning on our way to Ms. Vickie's I hear you softly whisper, "Pider..."
My heart immediately seems to do double time. Surely I am mistaken.

"What did you say Caden?!"

"Pider Mommy! Pider!"

I grab the steering wheel, knuckles becoming white as I try to glance at you.

"Spider? Where?! Show me!"

You giggle and point to me, "Pider! Right there!"

"Caden, are you serious?! Do you really see a spider?! Where?!"

I am sure I looked like something from the exorcist, my head turning completely around as I continue to try and drive, desperately trying to keep my car in ONE lane.

"Pider! Right there! Pider! Pider!", your finger points directly at me.

"Where?!? Caden?!?! WHERE?!?!"

"There! Pider!"

I continue freak out, repenting for all my sins, knowing that I am minutes away from meeting my maker as I get devoured by this "Pider".

I feel something! I am about to become all sorts of a Judo master as I frantically start swatting at my shoulder. I got it! I GOT IT!! I....got...a SPIDERMAN sticker.

Thank you Caden for leaving behind a "Pider"man sticker on my shoulder this morning after you hugged me.

Just know that this means war. Some day, somewhere I will get you back when you least expect it. And I apologize to all the fellow drivers out there who probably called in a drunk driver. It was just me, afraid of a sticker.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment