Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sleepover

Dear Caden,

It finally happened. I had my first night without you. We were doing a dry run at Aunt Jessica's house in preparation for when I go into labor with Baby Jacob. I cried like a baby and you didn't. Matter of fact, you had to be coaxed to give me and Daddy a hug and kiss goodbye. I am having severe flash forwards of college. . . something tells me that will be MUCH worse than a sleepover at Aunt Jessica's house. It's just that she lives SO FAR AWAY from us. . . I think 4 houses down is way too far for the first time. Perhaps we should have started with something smaller. Maybe sleep downstairs first, then camp out on the front lawn. That makes much more sense, yes? I hope you slept well last night, I only woke up 12 times. . .yes I counted. . . and yes it may have been partially because Baby Jacob was using my bladder as a trampoline. I don't know if I am ready for you to grow up.

Love,
Mommy

Empty bed syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment