Thursday, April 17, 2014

How to Train a Dragon

Dear Caden,

You eye the dragon fruit with trepidation.
"I no like it."
"That's ok Caden, would you like to hold it?"
You look at it for a minute and then hold out your hand, giggling when I give it to you. You fiddle with it for a few and then hand it back to me.
"I no like it."
You disappear into the living room, dancing and singing. Suddenly I see you at my feet.
"Momma, I need fire!"
"Come again? Fire?!"
"Momma, I need fire!" Your little fingers reach for the dragon fruit.
"Dragons eat this and have fire. I need fire!"
The next thing I know, you have devoured half of the dragon fruit and have begun roaring and "breathing" fire. Your eyes sparkle with excitement as you stumble around pretending to a fierce dragon. I cannot help but laugh at you being that you refuse to eat pizza, but will inhale a dragon fruit all because you think it will make you breathe fire.

This may be a good time to change the batteries in our smoke detectors. Also, can anyone give me a tip on how to train a dragon?

Love,
Mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment