Saturday, April 19, 2014

Whatcha Doing?

Dear Caden,

"Momma, whatcha doing?" Your giant brown eyes look at me with curiosity.

"I am cooking dinner for us."

A full thirty seconds pass and you brought your stool to the counter so you can watch and assist me.

"Momma, watcha doing?"

"I am still cooking, what are you doing?"

The past few days you have been asking us this question quite a lot, to the point that I want to hit my head on a wall. While I don't mind your curiosity and I encourage learning, please wait at least until I have started on a different task or wait at least a minimum of 5 minutes before re-asking.

"Momma, watcha doing?"

I look at you, trying to hide my frustration of this question that has seemingly taken over our recent conversations. "I am still doing the same thing that I was doing when you last asked. What are you doing, Caden?"

You giggle and tell me, "I asking you, Whatcha doing Momma!"

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment