Sunday, April 13, 2014

Sharing

Dear Caden,

I see you leaning in towards Jacob at the dinner table.
"Caden, please leave Jacob alone so he can eat."
You scoot back and continue eating, talking about how you made Olaf with play-doh today.
Two minutes pass and I see your hand quickly dart from Jacob's tray. I didn't think anything of it until I saw you do it again two more times.
"Caden."
You stop and I can see your mind doing double time, the twinkle of mischief glinting in your eyes.
"Mommy, you beautiful."
"Thank you Caden, but what are you doing?"
"Mommy, let it go! Let it go!"
"Caden, we aren't singing Frozen. What were you doing with Jacob?"
"I sharing Momma. I sweet and I share with Jacob. Jacob hungry."
We have a deal at our house - if you eat your vegetables, you get a cookie. I noticed that all of your peas are missing from your plate. I must give you credit for being thoughtful and sharing - perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing your cookie as well?

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment