Friday, September 12, 2014

Best Day Ever

Dear Caden,

Every Friday morning you jump out of bed and excitedly remind us, "It's Friday! It's Doughnut Day!" I am still confused as to how this day came about. We went and got doughnuts ONE Friday and all of a sudden every Friday is "Doughnut Day!" Funny how that works.

On the way to the doughnut shop you insist that you must have a "green doughnut with sprinkles."
"What if they don't have a green doughnut?"
"Trust me, they have it."
"Ummm, ok. I hope they do. Why a green doughnut?"
"Because I'm a Ninja Turtle and I need my energy."

We order your green doughnut with sprinkles and I hand you your bag. You flash me a grin and giggle with excitement and start singing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle song.  I hear the bag rustle as you peek inside and I hear you say under your breath, "Best. Day. Ever."

I will treasure these moments with you. Your excitement over a single green doughnut with sprinkles, days with lots of energy fueled by sugar and ninja turtles. The smile on your face steals my heart and I can't help but whisper under my breath, "Yes, Best. Day. Ever."

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment