Monday, September 8, 2014

Bird!

Dear Jacob,

We have been trying to teach you the names of different animals and the sounds that they make. On your wall by your changing table there are several pictures of animals and we usually play around pointing to them and making their noises.

I heard you say it yesterday but I wasn't too sure of what you were saying. Today you were very clear. As I am putting you in your car seat you point your finger out and said, "bird!" I look and didn't see any, so I said, "No birds, silly Jacob." As we are driving to your daycare you start pointing again, "Bird!" Then I see it. A massive mosquito perched on your leg.

They say that everything is bigger in Texas. This includes the mosquitoes, which really should be considered for the Texas State Bird.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: