Saturday, December 24, 2011

We are going HOME!!!

***This is a repost from Caden's Caring Pages which were written while we were waiting for, and after Caden's Cranial Vault Reconstructive surgery***



Terry RN
Dec 23 (Friday): We are in the step down unit 10 Tower (neurology). We were transferred here yesterday. Our nurses here have been beyond amazing! One of the night nurses kept playing with Caden. It was 3am and Caden was wide awake and Terry, the nurse, asked Caden, "Alright big man, it's 3 am, are you tired yet?" Caden promptly went, "Nah uh." It was so funny. Anything Terry would ask him, Caden would say "Nah uh." I knew that my baby was back! I love my Caden so much! We had to tape the telemetry leads to Caden's chest because he keeps pulling them off and playing with them. Dr. Aoli removed the second JP drain, one less line connected to Caden, which is good. I forgot to mention that while we were in the PICU, Caden was playing with one of his JP drains and figured out how to open it. He poured the contents all over him and I, fun. Did I mention that Caden has had 21 IVs? TWENTY ONE. Aunt Sam and I have been keeping count. Caden keeps pulling them out or they keep blowing. I don't think I can handle seeing my son being poked one more time. The nurses are saying they literally have no where else to place an IV because they have used all available sites. My poor baby. Anyway, Caden hasn't had a fever in several hours so Dr. Bollo was saying that we would be able to go home- TODAY! What an answer to prayer! We have everything packed and are ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment