Monday, December 26, 2011

Mr. Sandman, Bring Me A Dream

***This is a repost from Caden's Caring Pages which were written while we were waiting for, and after Caden's Cranial Vault Reconstructive surgery***


Having Caden home from the hospital is absolutely amazing! However, when the surgeons warned us that Caden might revert to newborn mannerisms for a few weeks, they weren't kidding. Last night Caden woke up over 6 times, leaving very tired parents and a grumpy little man. Caden is also refusing to eat anything that has chunks in it. Weird considering his favorite meal was a grilled cheese sandwich. So now we are restocking on Gerber 3 foods, but whatever I can get him to eat! Taking care of him has been really stressful. I am terrified that he is going to hit his head on something, he is still slightly wobbly with his walking, but is getting better. The surgeons told us that it would take at least 2 weeks for him to get to 80%, considering that he isn't supposed to be walking this quickly again- I will take wobbly any day. He did bump his head and when he turned around he had blood pouring all down his face and all over his clothes. Terrifying. Thank goodness I had gauze and some silk tape and was able to stop the bleeding. I pray this recovery phase goes by quickly and Caden will continue to become stronger. I am ready for this journey to be over. I am so proud of Caden, he is my hero. The pain and suffering that he is going through, I can't imagine. He brings a smile to our faces and his giggles are infectious. I can't wait to see what God has in store for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment