Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Love

Dear Caden,

Every night before I go to bed, I sneak into your room. I can't help it. I have to steal one last kiss from you - otherwise I cannot sleep. I sometimes pick you up and cuddle you, listening to you sigh in your sleep. I hold you close, feeling your heart beat in rhythm with mine. My mind wanders to the day that I found out I was pregnant with you, to the long days on bed rest making my daily 'happy thoughts' until you arrived, the day you graced us with your presence and my world changed forever and you made me a Mommy. I think of the sly looks that you shoot me right before wreaking havoc on my newly cleaned floors and of all the wet, messy and simply delicious kisses and hugs that you give me on a daily basis. Suddenly your arm wraps around mine and you hold it tight to your chest as if holding your Teddy, I instantly melt. Of all that I have done in my life you, My Dear Caden, are my greatest achievement. I don't know what I did to deserve such an honor to have you as my son. Thank you for being mine.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment