Monday, March 18, 2013

Unconditional

Dear Caden,

I may not always be the best mother out there, I may embarrass you and make mistakes. As a matter of fact, I promise you I will, though not intentionally. However, I promise to always strive to do my best, to always love you for YOU. You will always be good enough, you will always have a place at home and my arms will always be ready to hug you. I may not always agree with your life's choices, but those are your choices to make. I pray that I will raise you with integrity, honor and a strong work ethic. I pray above all else that I teach you to love and to love wholeheartedly. Life can be cruel and may hurt you, but never give up on love. A smile, a hug and an encouraging word can go farther than you know to someone who looks perfect on the outside but may be crumbling on the inside. I want you to believe in yourself, to know just how amazing and how wonderful you are. Relationships are what you make of them, I promise to do my best to always be there for you. I will be just as excited to see your face when you are 40 as the day that I first saw your face when you were placed in my arms - my love for you will not waver, it will only grow. My love for you is an unconditional love. This I promise.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment