Monday, June 30, 2014

Dancing Eyebrows

Dear Caden,

You are in trouble because you weren't using your "listening ears" and just kept getting into things.
"Caden, please come here."
You hop to me on one foot, your eyes looking everywhere but at me.
"Eyes please."
You look at me and then look away.
"Caden, please look at Mommy when she talks to you."
Your big brown eyes stare back at me without blinking. I begin to talk to you about how you need to ask before you touch the items on my bathroom counter - that yes, I understand toothpaste is fun to squirt out of the tube, but you do not need to use the entire tube in one setting. You begin to squirm, staring at the imaginary fuzz floating in the air.
"Eyes please."
I continue talking and you, standing as still as a statue, begin wiggling your eyebrows up and down in sync with every word that came out of my mouth. I cannot express to you how difficult it is to have a serious conversation with a 3 year old when they have exaggerated dancing eyebrows. Needless to say, your eyebrows danced you out of a time out. Smooth.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment