Sunday, June 29, 2014

How to eat fried worms

Dear Caden,

We are playing outside and you are flitting here and there, not staying put in one spot longer than 5 seconds. Every once in awhile you would stop and feed me one of your goldfish and then hop off again. I close my eyes, enjoying the sounds of you tinkering around when you pop by my side and say, "Here Momma, eat this." I keep my eyes closed and open my mouth, expecting a salty, cheesy snack. Instead, my mouth is filled with a sour, slimy taste with a side of dirt. I instantly sit up, eyes opened wide and begin spitting out what you stuck in my mouth. A worm. You stuck a worm in my mouth. And it was still alive. I look at you and you have dirt around your mouth. I am just hoping you didn't eat one too. Not too sure I should continue reading "How to eat fried worms" to you. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment