Friday, August 24, 2012

Kisses from Jesus

Dear Caden,

Tonight as I blow dry your hair, my eyes fall on the area of your head where you have a large scar. The first feelings that come are ones of guilt and pain. It still seems like yesterday and I tear up when I think on it. It reminds me of a dark time in our lives, a time that you were put through terrible pain. But as I continued look at the scar that zig zags across your head and I feel a
 deep sense of peace. I know that Jesus was holding the surgeon's hands during those hours Mommy couldn't hold you. There is one area right above your ear that the scar is wider and quite larger- I am convinced that this is where Jesus kissed you after your surgery. His kiss was a seal of approval and of healing and of the greatest love you will ever know. His kiss was one saying that you are His, and He has great plans for your life.
You suddenly look up at me and give me the goofiest grin. I pick you up and you kiss me, I feel so happy, and so in love. I wonder if that is what you felt when Jesus kissed you on the surgery table. All I know, is that we are a blessed family. Life isn't easy, but when Jesus kisses you, you know it is going to turn out just right.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment