Saturday, January 5, 2013

Mr. Seahorse & Teddy

Dear Caden,

Transitioning you to a big boy bed wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated. At night time, where it REALLY matters, you are excellent by staying put until morning. Nap time however is a completely different story. As I sit downstairs patting myself on the back for making it til nap time, it happens. I imagine you sliding stealthily off the side of your bed like a slug, so as not to be heard. Ever so softly I hear the sound of a dresser drawer sliding closed...it is beginning. The pitter patter of your feet sounding as if you were doing some wild tribal dance upstairs is a dead give away that you are not interested in a visit with Mr. Sandman. I decide to spring in and surprise you, catching you in the act. You have stripped yourself down to your diaper with one sock halfway on your foot and the other you are wearing as a glove. Mr. Seahorse and your teddy are sitting in the middle of your floor apparently encouraging your crazy antics. Since I know you are completely innocent and clearly easily swayed by others- Mr. Seahorse and teddy will nap by themselves tomorrow. I know they put you up to this.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment