Saturday, August 3, 2013

Focus

Dear Caden,

"Mama! Shoes!" You come running to me with one shoe on and one shoe on your hand.
"Yes, Caden. Those are your shoes. Please keep them on this time." I sit you down and put your shoe back on. I let you go and start looking for Jacob's pacifier which you have hidden, yet again.
"Mama! Snack! I neeeeeed snack!" You bring me your snack container and start pointing to the top of the fridge where your favorite snacks are.
"Yes, Caden. Uh huh. Ok." I am still looking for Jacob's paci as his screams get louder.
"Circles Mama! I neeeeeed Circles!" You start jumping up and down in excitement, your little fingers pointing to the Nilla Wafers.
"Mmmmm? Ok, yeah." My search for the pacifier is becoming frantic as Jacob hits notes that Sarah Brightman would be proud of.
"Mama! Pleeease!" Your face is now two inches from mine, your excitement is tangible. "Please!!!!"
"Ok Caden, fine. But where is Jacob's pacifier?" My frustration is beginning to show.
Suddenly your hands grab my face and you get right in it
"Mama! Eyes please! Focus!"

Wonder where you heard that from. Oh, and next time, please don't hide Jacob's pacifier in your lego box.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment