Thursday, December 6, 2012

Grassy Knees

Dear Caden,

The sun shines on your brown hair, making your eyes sparkle. Your laughter bubbles freely from within you as you run around chasing a ball with other children in the neighborhood. You take a tumble, giggle, stand up and start running again. I cannot help but smile, a sense of peace and happiness settling within me. A year ago this month you would have to have major skull reconstructive surgery. A year ago this month, I felt like I was a failure. What did I do to cause this, what could I have done that would've prevented it? Now, I watch you squeal with delight, and all is right in the world. You are a growing, healthy and happy little boy with grass covered knees and dirt between your toes. Life is as it should be.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment