Friday, December 14, 2012

Today

Dear Caden,

Today our nation experienced yet another tragedy. Many small children had their lives snuffed out way before their time. They will never get to experience true love, hear the sound of their newborn's cry . . . or just to live life. This makes my heart grieve, knowing that many Mother's and Father's arms will be empty tonight.

So tonight I will hold you closer, make you laugh a little longer and remind you how much we adore you. But it won't be just tonight, it will be every night until the end of time. Even then, I will be there with you. You are amazing, just the way you are. May you always feel wanted and loved.

During these times where man can show us the unthinkable, I want you to look a little deeper. It will be difficult to look past the screams of those that are hurting, past the groans as Earth soaks up the blood of the innocents, past all of the nightmares and pain. I don't want you to lose your faith in humanity or to lose hope that there is still good in the world. It is there, but you have to look a little deeper, believe a little harder. I want you to see the other side of this horrific tragedy, I want you to see how the Nation is holding their loved ones a little closer. How strangers are helping one another. How, if we all hold onto one another's hand, we can rebuild. We will never understand, but tonight we can pray for healing and pray for peace. Be a difference in your world Caden. Show them that good still exists.

I want you to be able to play outside and let the sun shine on your face without a care in the world. I will fight tooth and nail to make sure you are able to have that. Know that tonight while I hold you, you are safe in my arms. When you step outside, you are safe in His arms. I love you my dear Caden.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment