Monday, November 4, 2013

Him and Hers

Dear Caden,

Lately we've been trying to teach you the difference between "him" and "her." We aren't talking about body parts but rather that girls are "hers" and boys are "hims." Every afternoon when you see me after work you will run up to me with your arms up and earnestly say, "Momma! I hold him!" Which is your way of saying that you want me to pick you up so you can hold and love on me. We gently correct you and say, "Mommy is a girl, mommy is a she. You hold her" and you will repeat it and climb into my arms. You are so very smart and have been doing an exceptional job of learning this he/she/him/her stuff. The other night you were playing with Tiger, our male cat, and you said that you needed to give "her" a night night hug. Daddy said, "Caden, Tiger is a boy. You hug him." You quickly quipped back shaking your pointer finger back and forth, "No. No, no, no, no, no. Tiger not him, Tiger he. I hug he." Technically you are correct, Tiger is a he. You are one smart cookie.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment