Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Three

Dear Caden,

They call it the "Terrible Two's" and they say it will test your patience as a parent. I must politely disagree. There are no nifty sayings for the "Three's" and I think it is in part because parents who are lucky enough to survive this age group with children have become so shocked as to what just happened to them that they promptly try to erase any memory of it. "Tumultuous", "Terrifying" or how about "Traumatizing". . . perhaps those are good words to describe the Three's. It must get better, the human race depends on it, otherwise families wouldn't have more than one child. Even with all the craziness that ensues, it all disappears the moment that you wrap your arms around me or with the whispers and giggles of, "Noooo I love YOOOUUU more!" right before bedtime. Forget the toys strewn across the floor, the chocolate and snot smeared walls, the Michelangelo-esq crayon drawing on my prized piece of furniture. Your face squished up against mine as you hug me till I holler, ahhh yes, the "Terrific" Three's.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment